2022 FBLA Collegiate
Career Connections Conference
6001 Destination Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32819
Registration will open on September 15, 2022.
Conference Registration Fees
- Member Fee: $75.00
- Adviser & Chaperone Fee: $75.00
Registration not available on site.
September 15, 2022: Registration Opens
October 19, 2022: Registration Deadline
*If a Purchase Order is used, payment for that PO must be received prior to the conference start date.
Important Conference Information
Click each tab below for important conference information.
Features and Benefits of Attending
The FBLA Collegiate Career Connections Conference is a fast paced, high-impact program focused on connecting talented individuals with leading employers. This is not just a meet and greet conference, it’s about getting what it takes to succeed in a challenging job market—interviewing techniques, building your personal brand, and navigating your early career.
- Refine your personal brand with resume reviews and mock interviews
- Hear from professionals regarding what to expect as you search for a job and after you land a job
- Network with both members of the business community and like-minded students from around the country
- Leave with a professional headshot that can be used on your LinkedIn or resume
Additional Program Highlights
- Develop an action plan for achieving your career goals
- Prep for the real world by competing in case study competitions
- Spend an afternoon exploring Orlando!
Registration Fee: $75.00
- Registration Opens: September 15, 2022
- Registration Closes: October 19, 2022
- Registration Instructions: https://fbla-nlc.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CCC-Registration-Instructions-for-Advisers-and-Members.pdf
- Registration Link: https://my.fbla-pbl.org/events/event-registration/?action=edit&id=672c8c13-8d1d-ed11-b5cf-0004ffa3bae9
- Payment Options: Credit card, check, or purchase order.
- Payment Deadline: October 19, 2022
*If a purchase order is used, payment for that PO must be received prior to the conference start date.
Payment by Check:
All checks should be made payable to FBLA and mailed to the address below:
Future Business Leaders of America, Inc.
PO Box 79063
Baltimore, MD 21279
Please email Robert Smothers, email@example.com, with all refund and/or cancellation requests by October 19,2022. A 50% penalty will be applied if you cancel before October 19, 2022. There will be no refunds after October 19,2022.
Please confirm that the attendee information on the Order Confirmation email which was sent to you immediately after completing the registration process is correct. If you find an error, please email Robert Smothers, firstname.lastname@example.org with all change requests by October 19, 2022.
Conference attendees are welcome to book their own accommodations at a local hotel or rental home. Below are optional hotel blocks.
Tru by Hilton Orlando Convention Center
6461 Westwood Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32821
Rate: $223.88 (includes taxes and fees)
*Taxes subject to change
A credit card will be required to make a reservation. This card is held as a guarantee and will not be charged unless the reservation is cancelled inside the cancellation window (three days prior to arrival) or the guest arrives after the scheduled 6:00 PM day of arrival time.
If you are paying with the credit card used to guarantee the reservation, the card holder must be present with the card at check in otherwise a credit card authorization form must be filled out by the card holder and on file with the hotel prior to check in.
6001 Destination Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32819
United Airlines is the official airline partner for the 2022 National Conferences. Take advantage of discounts by clicking the link below or calling the United Meeting Reservations Desk at (800) 426-1122 and reference discount code ZKE5881732.
Flights must be booked into Orlando. Be sure that your destination airport is listed as MCO when reserving online to use the discount code.
United Meeting Reservation Desk Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. CST
Tentative Schedule of Events
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH
4:00 – 6:00 PM Early Check-In
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH
8:30 – 9:00 AM Check-In
9:00 – 2:30 PM Professional Development Workshops & Panels
- Networking Breaks
- Round Table Discussions
2:30 – 4:30 PM Resume Reviews and Informational Interviews
5:00 – 6:30 PM Networking
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH
9:00 – 11:30 AM Case Study Competition
- Hospitality Management
11:30 – 12:00 PM Closing Session
12:00 – 5:00 PM Explore Orlando
NEW – Case Competitions
Something new and exciting is being offered at the 2022 Career Connections Conferences! FBLA Collegiate members attending either of the conferences will have the opportunity to sign up and participate in one of three case competitions. The areas of focus for the case competitions are:
- Hospitality Management
Members can sign up to compete in one of the three case competitions when registering for the Career Connections Conference.
Members must have registered for the Career Connections Conference and paid the registration fee in order to participate.
Deadline to sign up to participate in one of the case competitions is October 19, which is also the date to register for the Career Connections Conference.
Members who sign up to participate in a case competition will be randomly placed into teams of two to four members with all team members being from different states, if possible.
- If there are drops once teams are created the remaining team members (or individual) can still present at the Career Connections Conference.
After registration for the case competitions closes on October 19, teams will be randomly assigned on October 20. Teams will be notified via email with regard to who is assigned to each team, and the case study will be released in that same email on October 21.
Teams will have until the Career Connections Conference to develop their presentation based on the case study. Teams will be randomly scheduled to present.
Teams will have 10 minutes to present their case study recommendations.
- Team members must provide their own laptops/devices for the presentation.
- Team members will have five minutes to set up their equipment before the 10-minute presentation starts.
- Projectors will be made available, which will have an HDMI connection. Teams are not required to use the projectors. (It will be necessary to supply your own adapters if another type of connection is needed.)
- After 10 minutes, the timekeeper will let team members know their time is up, and the judges will move into the Q&A portion of the presentation.
- There will be a five-minute Q&A at the conclusion of the 10-minute presentation.
- Other presentation materials may be brought into the presentation, but no materials can be left with the judges.
A panel of judges will evaluate each case study and awards will be presented to the top five teams for each case study.
The case competitions will be open to audience members. Competitors are allowed to be an audience member only after they have completed their presentations.
All attendees should wear business attire during conference sessions. More information can be found here.
As a Career Connections attendee, you have access to special Theme Park tickets and advance purchase savings with an added BONUS on multi-day tickets for you and your travel party. Come for the conference, then stay to experience the fun. There’s so much to see and do at the Walt Disney World Resort that you won’t want to miss!
AFTER 1 PM PARK TICKET
Admission to one Walt Disney World Theme Park after 1:00 p.m. for one day. Choose from: Magic Kingdom Park OR EPCOT OR Disney’s Hollywood Studios OR Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
TWILIGHT PARK TICKET
Admission to one Walt Disney World Theme Park after 5:00 p.m. for one day. Choose from: Magic Kingdom Park OR EPCOT OR Disney’s Hollywood Studios OR Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.