Skip to content
Tips for Student Success During ZOOM JudgingLauren McMahon2021-06-14T12:19:09-07:00
TIPS FOR STUDENT SUCCESS DURING ZOOM JUDGING
- Make sure you have strong Internet connectivity.
- Test your connectivity a day or two before so you can address any issues before your competition day.
- If you lose connectivity, we cannot guarantee how the situation will play out, but try logging back in and talking to the Event Administrator about the situation. We will try to remedy the situation if at all possible.
- Check the competitive event schedules to make sure you are logging in for competition on the correct date and time.
- You and your adviser were previously sent an email giving you access to the schedules and Zoom links.
- Remember all times listed on schedules are Eastern Daylight Time, and if you reside in a different time zone, you must adjust accordingly.
- For example:
- 11 a.m. in eastern time is…
- 10 a.m. in central time…
- 9 a.m. in mountain time…
- 8 a.m. in pacific time
- If you miss your scheduled date/time entirely, we will be unable to reschedule.
- Log into Zoom 10 minutes before your scheduled time so you can fix any potential login errors.
- You will enter a waiting room and then the Event Administrator will let you into the event and direct you from there.
- Gather the information you need a day or two beforehand to ensure success during Zoom judging.
- Collect all necessary information and have it handy as you start your Zoom competition.